Auntie Alice's Potato-Macaroni Salad


This is a recipe that my grandma Juliette got from her sister, Alice. It was then passed down to her children and then to me!

4 russet potatoes
2 Tbsp. chopped onion
2 Tbsp. chopped celery
2 hard boiled eggs
1 box macaroni
Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste

Peel and chop potatoes into chunks and boil until tender (but not mushy!). Let cool in fridge overnight. Boil macaroni until tender. Drain. Chop up hard boiled eggs. Combine potatoes, macaroni, onion, celery, and eggs in large bowl. Add mayonnaise until everything is well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.

I also added some shredded carrots for some color since I had some in the fridge I needed to use.

I love this recipe because it tastes the way that local-style (Hawaiian) macaroni salad should taste. The taste is much different than the Southern style macaroni salad found here. Personally, I like Auntie Alice's way better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crockpot Kalua Pig

Apple Cream Pennies

Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert