Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle


Watching Food Network a couple of years ago, Paula Dean was on and she was making this dessert. All my life I've never been a fan of pumpkin but I was almost drooling over the television as she made this. I oftentimes make another type of trifle (chocolate) and it's one of my favorite desserts so I had to give this very similar Fall-themed trifle a try.

I made it the first time at Thanksgiving (two years ago) to take to my in-laws house and I've made it a few times since. It is so delicious and trust me; you WILL feel guilty!


2 (14 oz.) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (30 oz.) can pumpkin pie filling
½ c. packed brown sugar
1/3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping
½ c. gingersnaps (optional)

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cinnamon into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.


I made a few alterations from the original recipe, but nothing major.

These pictures are from last year but I hadn't posted the recipe until now. I'm glad that Fall is around the corner so I can make it again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crockpot Kalua Pig

Apple Cream Pennies

Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert