Savory Sausage-Cheese Balls


This recipe came from my father-in-law. I think he got it out of a magazine, but don't know which one. It was really good when he made it so I had to give it a try. Around the holidays, I cook a similar sausage cheese ball, but it's a lot more biscuit mix and cheese, and of course less meat. These sausage balls are very meaty.


2 (16 oz.) packages of sausage (Jimmy Dean--I used the Sage flavor), raw
4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 ¾ c. all-purpose biscuit mix (Bisquick)
1 c. onion, finely chopped (I tend to add a bit more onion than the recipe calls for)
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Cool on pan.

*Makes 8 dozen

Serve with Savory Dipping Sauce recipe.

The first batch I put on wax paper, hoping for an easy clean up. The sausage balls stuck to the paper! Second batch I put directly on the pan and they turned out great. Because the meat is raw, it releases a lot of grease while cooking and that helps, whereas in my holiday sausage-cheese ball recipe, the meat is cooked in advance so there's no extra grease to help it not stick to the pan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crockpot Kalua Pig

Apple Cream Pennies

Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert