Hamburger Bread

This is a dinner that my dad made quite often. I don’t know where he got it from and it’s just one of those recipes you get to have fun with and make your own.

Tonight, my husband and I made this as part of our Family Home Evening. It’s always fun to have an easy recipe that we can cook together and have fun with.

Hamburger Bread

Recipe Source: My Dad


Ingredients:
1 loaf French bread
1 lb. (or more) lean ground beef (the leaner, the better--the extra grease will just make the bread soggy)
cheese (your choice)
vegetables (your choice—I prefer pickles, tomatoes, onions, etc.)
sauce (optional, but I like to add barbecue sauce or mustard sometimes)

To make it your own, you can basically add whatever you like.

Directions:
Cut the French loaf in half and then cut it down the middle. Spread whatever sauce topping you desire. Next, top the loaf with the hamburger (raw). After the hamburger is spread out evenly, top with favorite cheeses, vegetables or whatever!

Bake it in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the hamburger cooked all the way through.

Comments

  1. Yummy! I'll be looking forward to updates. You would probably like pickypalate.com i've gotten some really EASY, yummy recipes from there. This is going to be so neat. I've been considering doing this since I update my blog with food storage recipes more often that with pics/updates of my kids. Now I'll look like a copycat though! :) You've inspired me though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crockpot Kalua Pig

Apple Cream Pennies

Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert